Pages

Saturday 25 February 2012

BREAK-DOWN

Again yesterday I had to break-down some of my pieces simply because I wasn't happy with them.  Some pieces needed some sprucing up.  This is what happens when you improve in your jewellery making.  You will take a look at some of your older pieces and nearly die at how bad your skills were at that time.
In jewellery making there is always room for improvement.

Here is one example.  I made this bracelet about 1 1/2 years ago, and this was the end result.  Now you must understand, I thought this was a perfect piece at the time.


There were several things that I wanted to improve.  After trying it on I realised it was too big.  The clasp didn't seem to match the style I was going for; classic and elegant.  And lastly, there was just too much wire wrapping that needed to be condensed.

So I literally just cut the bracelet up and took it apart; back to it's bare basics.

I measured each wiring for about 6.5cm long, which gives enough wire to play with and not to waste too much.



As you can see in the background, some of the bracelet had been done already.  I begin by giving myself about an inch or so to wire wrap the one end.  



Here you can see how much less wire wrapping I decided to do; compared to my previous wire wrapping episodes.


Here my pale green rondelle crystal bead has been added, but I also added some shiny 2mm spacer beads to give a little more depth to the bracelet, instead of an empty "plain-Jane".


Then in the end you have the finished result.  It does look a lot better than the previous year old design.  Jewellery making always needs improvement.



Here's a close-up image.

The new length. A perfect 7in fit.

Doesn't it look lovely?

Please feel free to let me know what you think.

Happy Beading
ValbiesJ xxx





No comments:

Post a Comment